4 Links of Italian Spicy Sausage (or Turkey)
1 lb of Potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces (brown potatoes is what I used)
3 Tbsp of Veg. oil or peanut oil
2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
What to Do:
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil them for about 6 to 7 minutes or until they are about 3/4 of the way cooked through, drain well, set them aside on a paper towel lined plate and pat them dry as much as possible. Set them aside.
- Slice the sausage lengthwise, making sure not to slice it all the way through. Open it (like a book) remove the casing and flatten the sausage patty with your hand a bit to get it nice and even.
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat, add the oil and make sure it’s nice and hot, add the flattened sausages and cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until deeply browned and crispy, remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the potatoes making sure they are in a single layer, and cook them for about 7 to 8 minutes giving them a toss every couple minutes to insure every piece is crispy and golden brown.
- Stir in the parsley, remove from the heat and serve with the crispy sausage.
I got this recipe from Laura Vitale – a self taught, Italian, hottie who is an awesome cook… Marry Me Laura! (Yes, I realize she is already taken) Go watch and look at some of her other recipes.